PRIMARY close contacts of a Victorian teen who contracted COVID-19 after visiting exposure sites in New South Wales have all tested negative to the virus.
Further testing will be conducted on the 11th day of their isolation.
All of the 15-year-old girls's secondary contacts have been cleared from home isolation.
No Victorian exposure sites have been identified.
The girl, from the municipal area of Moonee Valley, is isolating at home after developing mild symptoms on Tuesday.
Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton praised the teen and her family for doing exactly what they needed to do: following the rules, getting tested as soon as possible, and isolating.
The girl contracted the virus after visiting exposure sites in the Northern Beaches area of New South Wales.
She and her mother travelled to Victoria by car on December 18, making one stop at Oliver's Real Food in Gundagai.
Victoria's 54-day streak free from COVID-19 community transmission remains unblemished.
The state has 10 active cases of the virus, nine of which are in hotel quarantine.
Professor Sutton said a new case, recorded since yesterday, was in a returned international traveller in hotel quarantine.
The infected person is a woman aged in her 40s.
Thirty-five people people have been placed in hotel quarantine in five days for entering Victoria on flights from Sydney without appropriate exemptions. The airports they arrived at are not yet known.
Professor Sutton reiterated advice to Victorians not to travel to Sydney.
"You may not be able to re-enter without undertaking hotel quarantine for 14 days," he said.
The state's border with New South Wales is closed and people who have travelled through the Northern Beaches, Greater Sydney and Central Coast areas from December 11 are being denied entry.
Professor Sutton said border restrictions were being reviewed every day.
"We're working closely with NSW Health to monitor the situation," he said.
He said there had been an excellent response to Victorian calls for testing over the past week, with higher than expected numbers of people getting tested.
"But with Christmas upon us, we are urging everyone to not let the festive season become an excuse for not getting tested for COVID-19," the chief health officer said.
"There will be reduced capacity of some testing sites over the Christmas break until January 2, including reduced hours for some community health service-led testing sites
"However, in excess of 60 testing sites will remain open throughout the summer break, including some sites open on Christmas Day."
Testing site details, including opening hours, are available at: dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19
ONE new COVID-19 case has been recorded in Victoria.
Department of Health and Human Services data released on Wednesday showed the new case was acquired overseas and in quarantine.
There were no locally acquired coronavirus cases in Victoria for the 54th consecutive day. There were also no new cases acquired interstate.
Read other news:
There are 10 active COVID-19 cases in quarantine or self-isolation in Victoria.
A DHHS spokesperson said 22,956 people were tested for the virus on Tuesday.
Health Minister Martin Foley confirmed the case was a 15-year-old girl from the Moonee Valley local government area who had visited several high-risk exposure sites in Sydney.
Mr Foley said there were limited close contacts to the new case and no known exposure sites.
There have also been changes to the Victorian-NSW border, with anyone coming into Victoria from the Greater Sydney area and the NSW Central Coast now subject to mandatory hotel quarantine for 14 days.
Mr Foley said 17 people have already been brought into quarantine under the scheme.
"My message to anyone trying to enter Victoria from New South Wales is don't," Mr Foley said.
"You won't get in, and if you do, you'll be spending your time at Christmas and New Year in hotel quarantine."
On Tuesday, NSW recorded eight new COVID-19 cases linked to the Northern Beaches outbreak, increasing that cluster to 90 people.
More than 44,000 people were tested for the virus in NSW on Monday.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.