Greater Bendigo now has seven active cases of coronavirus, health officials have confirmed.
The local government area has recorded no new cases since Thursday, and the number of active cases has dropped by two.
There are also no new cases elsewhere in central Victoria, for the second consecutive day.
There are still three active cases in Macedon Ranges Shire and two in Campaspe Shire.
That brings the total number of active cases across the region to 12 - two fewer than yesterday.
A week ago, there were 26 active cases in central Victoria, and one month ago there were 63.
There are currently 124 active cases across regional Victoria, compared to 1900 in Melbourne.
Earlier this week, Premier Daniel Andrews said two plans for easing the state out of COVID-19 restrictions would be released this Sunday - one for Melbourne and one for regional Victoria.
He said this was due to the falling case numbers and the success of strategies in regional areas.
Note: The headline to this story has been edited. It incorrectly stated previously - as reported earlier by the premier - that there was one new case in Greater Bendigo.
We have removed our paywall from this story about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists, subscribe here.