FIREFIGHTERS have brought a house fire in Emu under control, with the blaze contained to a single room.
A CFA spokesperson said there was smoke damage in other parts of the house.
The fire was brought under control shortly after 2pm.
The occupant of the house is not believed to have been injured.
Firefighters remained at the scene.
The CFA spokesperson said the fire sparked because of wood stored nearby the fireplace.
FIREFIGHTERS are responding to a house fire north-west of Maryborough, in Emu.
The fire, which residents called in about 12.30pm, is not yet under control.
Firefighters are investigating the roof space of the Dunolly Road address.
A CFA spokesperson said some iron sheeting had been removed from the roof.
The fire is believed to have started in a back room, near a fireplace.
A CFA spokesperson said five trucks were responding.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.