BENDIGO beauty salons have closed for another six weeks as regional Victoria moves into stage three COVID-19 restrictions.
Kin Skin Makeup Body owner Amy Drummond said she had been expecting tighter restrictions to come into force.
"I just anticipated that we would be following suit with Melbourne," she said. "I felt more prepared this time. It's not ideal but the shock isn't there.
"I also think as awful as it is from a business perspective, it is something we all need to do."
Eden Skin and Body spokesperson Felicity Davidson said she was also not surprised the salon had to close again.
She said the business, which was part of UFS Pharmacies, had been planning for this situation.
"It was not as much of a shock but we just didn't know when the trigger would be pulled," Miss Davidson said. "It meant we were much more planned out compared to what happened in March."
Read more news:
The Bendigo salons will be introducing a range of measures to keep some business going throughout the next six weeks.
Mrs Drummond said her business had an online store where customers could buy skincare products. She would also be doing virtual skin consultations.
"We're just trying to pivot our business as best as we can," she said. "It's a service-based industry so trying to bring it online can be tough."
Miss Davidson said Eden Skin and Body's reception would be open from 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday to allow for customers to purchase products.
"Having reception there means there will be a staff member on board that will be able to do a quick skin consult if required," she said.
"But ultimately it's about providing products so they can keep up their skin regime at home.
"To cut that time in the salon, if there was a phone call before to discuss products, we would appreciate that. Our Facebook and Instagram direct message is also an option for customers."
Miss Davidson said business had fluctuated in the past few months.
"It did bounce back but it was a tricky one," she said. "We had days where we were fully booked up and then days when we were not.
"In the last fortnight, we noticed a downturn in business - whether that was because people were feeling unwell or because of that level of apprehension, which is understandable.
"But once the government announced the changes, we were fully booked up. It was a panic situation."
Mrs Drummond said her business recovered from the first lockdown and she was confident it would do so again.
"We'll be fine for the next six weeks," she said. "If it extended for month and months, then it would be an issue.
"We have already seen that bounce back from the first time. We have already seen how supportive our clients are and we know we will have clients ready to go when we're open again."
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.