A STUDENT at Sacred Heart College in Kyneton has tested positive to COVID-19.
Principal Darren Egberts confirmed the case on Tuesday in a letter to families.
Dr Egberts said the student had been at the school on Thursday and was tested for coronavirus on Saturday.
The student also travelled to and from Kyneton Secondary College on Friday for a work placement.
"We are waiting for formal clarification from Catholic Education Melbourne and the Victorian Department of Health on protocols to take in respect to contact tracing, cleaning of the school site, and other required actions," Dr Egberts said in the letter.
The school would be closed to all students, staff members, and visitors until at least Thursday.
Dr Egberts said remote learning could also be delayed until Monday, August 10.
"Over the next couple of days, the college will follow protocols from the Department of Health and Human Services to allow any close contacts of the student to be notified by college staff," he said.
"These would include other students in the class, staff involved, and those on the student's bus."
It came as the Catholic Education Office Sandhurst confirmed there were no new coronavirus cases at St Joseph's Primary School or Catherine McAuley College.
There are five COVID-19 cases connected to St Joseph's in Quarry Hill - two students and three teachers.
Two students tested positive to the virus at Catherine McAuley College last week.
A Catholic Education Office Sandhurst spokesperson confirmed all of the students and staff members who tested positive to COVID-19 were doing well.
We have removed our paywall from this story about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists, subscribe here.