Stage three lockdown restrictions are likely to blow the final whistle on Bendigo's winter junior sport seasons for 2020.
A recent spike in COVID-19 cases in the region put junior sport matches and training on hold, but Sunday's announcement by Victorian premier Daniel Andrews that regional Victoria would enter stage three restrictions for six weeks from Wednesday most probably ends sporting associations hopes of completing junior winter seasons.
Under the stage three restrictions, community sport is closed, while indoor sport complexes and swimming pools must shut as well.
Outdoor sporting activities like golf, tennis, finishing, surfing and boating are allowed with one other person or household member as long as 1.5m of social distancing is maintained.
Bendigo Football Netball League manager Cameron Tomlins said the league would meet on Monday to make a decision on the future of the under-18 football and 17-and-under netball competitions.
Gisborne, Kyneton and Maryborough had already withdrawn from all underage competitions prior to the weekend.
Read more: Catch up on all the latest junior sport news
On Saturday, Kangaroo Flat became the fourth club to pull out of all underage football and netball after a person involved with the club tested positive to COVID-19.
An announcement on the future of the Bendigo Junior Football League's 2020 season is also expected on Monday.
Bendigo Amateur Soccer League president Aaron Shooter said the league would meet this week to discuss what path it would take.
With restrictions lasting until at least September 13, Shooter said it was "highly unlikely" that junior soccer would be played again this year.
"It's not my call to make as an individual, but it makes it very hard going forward,'' Shooter said.
"All along we've said community safety has to come first and that won't change.
"We've done everything we can to get a season away, but as soon as it's not safe to do that we have to do whatever is best for the safety of the football community and the broader community."
The Bendigo Pioneers will wait on direction from the AFL as to whether the NAB League season will be rescheduled. The Pioneers were scheduled to start the 2020 season on August 23 against Murray at the QEO.
Read more: Three more active COVID-19 cases for Bendigo
Read more: Masks from Monday | What you need to know
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.