Firefighters were called to a Bendigo aged care home on Monday morning after a small fire broke out.
Firefighters attended Mercy Health Bethlehem Home for the Aged in Golden Square after receiving a call-out at 9.20am.
There they discovered a small fire that had started in an electrical motor attached to an air conditioning duct.
More local news: Crash victims from Castlemaine and Baringhup, police confirm
Crews extinguished the fire and vented remaining smoke from the building.
There was no damage to the building beyond the motor, and the incident was listed as under control by 9.55am.
Three CFA units from Golden Square and Eaglehawk attended the scene, as did Fire Rescue Victoria.
No one had to be evacuated from the building.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.