FIVE COVID-19 cases have been linked to Castlemaine's Don KR facility, according to new figures released on Sunday.
Greater Bendigo had two new active COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing the LGA's total number of live cases to six, Department of Health and Human Services statistics show.
It's not clear whether Greater Bendigo's new COVID-19 cases are linked to Don KR.
COVID-19 case numbers remained steady in Mount Alexander, the shire in which the Don KR facility sits.
Mount Alexander had one active COVID-19 case on Sunday, among seven it has seen in all time.
Authorities have recommended all workers at the Don KR facility get tested for COVID-19.
The Loddon Shire has one new active case, bringing active case numbers to two.
Macedon Ranges remained steady on Sunday, after reporting two new COVID-19 cases on Saturday. This brought the total active cases in the shire to eight.
Central Goldfields, Campaspe and Buloke Shire are all without active cases.
Victoria recorded 459 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday.
It marks a total increase of 437 cases, as 22 Saturday cases were removed from the tally due to reduplication.
Test facilities in Bendigo extended their hours, after a Don KR worker was diagnosed with COVID-19.
Test results normally take one to three days for labs to turn around.
VICTORIA has reported 459 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, and 10 deaths, as paramedics and army staff are enlisted to assist with contact tracing.
Ten more people have died from COVID-19, their ages ranging from 40s to 80s.
A total of 560 of Victoria's 4233 active cases are in an aged care setting. More than 380 are among healthcare workers.
Forty-two Victorians are being treated in intensive care for COVID-19.
Premier Daniel Andrews announced that off-roster paramedics and third year students would be drawn in to assist with contact tracing, saying their training fitted them for the role.
Sixteen thousand members of the health workforce have volunteered to work on public health response and clinical response to the outbreak, including retired nurses and midwives.
"We've got people right across the health system putting their hand up, putting themselves in harms way, running the risk of becoming infected, they're playing their part, that is a particularly impressive thing," Mr Andrews said.
"That is again another reminder that we've got to play our part too."
Mr Andrews said he was proud to see so many Victorians wearing masks.
He reminded anyone with symptoms to get tested, get tested quickly, and then self isolate.
Mr Andrews said anyone getting tested should not be going to work, or going to the shops. He reminded those in insecure work that there was a $300 payment if needed.
It comes after Victoria reported 357 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday. It marked a total increase of 339 cases, as some of the previous day's cases were removed due to reduplication.
Two of these new cases were in the Macedon Ranges, while numbers remained steady in the rest of central Victoria.
The state is battling outbreaks in aged care facilities, with more than 300 cases connected to these on Saturday.
A worker at Bendigo's Mercy Health Bethlehem Home for the Aged tested positive to COVID-19 on Friday July 17. But active case numbers have remained stable at four in Bendigo since then.
We have removed our paywall from this story about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists, subscribe here.