THERE are two new active COVID-19 cases in central Victoria.
Data from the Department of Health and Human Services released on Friday shows a new active case in the Macedon Ranges and one new case in the Mount Alexander Shire.
The latest data brings the total number of active cases in the Macedon Ranges to six. It is the first active case in the Mount Alexander Shire since March.
The COVID-19 numbers remain steady in Greater Bendigo with four active cases.
There are no active cases in the Loddon, Central Goldfields, Buloke, and Gannawarra Shires.
The latest data comes after Don KR confirmed two of its workers tested positive to coronavirus on Thursday night.
Case numbers are subject to change, as Department of Health and Human Services contact tracers follow up cases and analyse data.
The department said the residential location was the residential address provided when the case was notified.
It was not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
VICTORIANS have been warned they need to do the right thing, as some people continue to flout the rules.
It comes after six more people died, and 300 more were diagnosed with COVID-19.
Police Minister Lisa Neville said most people were following the rules, but it was unacceptable that some people continued to break them.
Ms Neville said Victoria Police would continue to focus on blatant and obvious reaches of the rules.
"We know that most people are doing the right thing," she said.
"We do still have people out there who have decided whether because they don't care, or other can do the heavy lifting for them, they continue to flout the rules. That's unacceptable.
"People must follow the rules, this is what will make a difference."
ARMY officers will now doorknock some people who test positive to COVID-19 after Victoria recorded another 300 cases and six deaths.
Premier Daniel Andrews said Australian Defence Force personnel and authorised health officers would start to doorknock cases who had been uncontactable by phone.
Mr Andrews said authorities had been unable to reach about 25 per cent of those who tested positive each day for the past few days by phone within the 24 hours of a positive test result.
He said it was unacceptable that anyone was not contacted within 24 hours.
Mr Andrews said positive cases would be phoned twice within a two-hour period, and doorknocked if they did not answer these calls.
He flagged this meant the community would see more ADF officers out in the community.
A total 206 Victorians are in hospital being treated for COVID-19. Forty-one of those are receiving intensive care.
Six people have died since Mr Andrews spoke on Thursday, each of those in an aged care setting.
On Thursday, 203 new COVID-19 cases were announced in Victoria.
A worker at Don KR in Castlemaine, and a social contact, tested both positive for COVID-19 on Thursday.
Department of Health and Human Services statistics on Thursday showed four active cases in Greater Bendigo, five in the Macedon Ranges, and one in Loddon.
We have removed our paywall from this story about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists, subscribe here.