QANTAS GROUP is yet to confirm plans for Bendigo to Sydney flights even as it warns 100 aircraft could be grounded for a year or more.
The carrier will lay off 6000 workers across all parts of its business and keep another 15,000 stood down until flights can resume.
Most of the group's international planes will stay grounded for at least another 12 months.
Qantas has previously announced it would begin reopening domestic flights to a range of capital cities, but they are only at 15 per cent of levels seen before COVID-19 crippled the industry.
It is yet to announce plans for a resumption of Bendigo to Sydney flights but on Thursday told the Australian Stock Exchange it expects to return to roughly 70 per cent of its capacity in 2021.
Qantas could reach 100 per cent of its capacity in 2022 but warned investors not to place too much reliance on forward-looking statements.
That was especially the case during a pandemic causing "significant volatility, uncertainty and disruption", Qantas told the ASX.
More on the new Qantas plan: Qantas to cut 6000 jobs to raise $19b