A SMALL kitchen fire has been contained in Bendigo.
Three Country Fire Authority crews were called to the blaze on McDonald Crescent in Flora Hill about 6.26pm on Tuesday.
Bendigo Senior Station Officer Mark Nevill said some residual fat on the stove top caught fire while one of the occupants were cooking dinner.
Mr Nevill said flames were visible to the residents, but the fire was put out before crews arrived.
He said all of the occupants were able to evacuate the house without injury.
"The key message here is to clean your grills properly," Mr Nevill said.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.