HOW ARE QUEENSLAND SCHOOLS MANAGING REOPENING?
* Schools will reopen to all students on May 25.
* Kindy, Prep, Year 1 and Years 11 and 12, returned to school on May 11
WHAT IF YOUR KIDS FEEL SICK?
* They must stay home - that applies to teachers and staff as well
* If symptoms include acute respiratory infection, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever or a history of fever, they must be tested for COVID-19
HOW WILL SCHOOLS KEEP KIDS SAFE?
* All adults must maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres and must not gather in groups in and around school grounds, car parks, school gates and outside classrooms
* Parents should use stop, drop and go options rather than walking children into school grounds
* Schools will work with their communities to modify student and traffic movements around their schools
* Strict personal hygiene protocols, including the cleaning of high-frequency touchpoints such as desks and door handles, will remain in place
* Schools will continue to adapt to this changing situation and may use larger, alternative locations or classrooms within the school, designate new or different drop-off/pick-up points for parents
* Desks have been moved apart and smaller class sizes implemented where possible
* Schools can use outdoor learning spaces and stagger lunch breaks, start/finish times and other activities to reduce movement around the school
* Students with health support needs will continue to be supported and directed by their teachers while they learn from home
Australian Associated Press