BENDIGO boxer Lorrinda Webb's world title aspirations have been temporarily put on hold as the sport responds to the global coronavirus outbreak.
Webb was originally scheduled to face former national amateur champion Bianca 'Bam Bam' Elmir for the vacant World Boxing Foundation female featherweight title this Friday night.
That show was postponed last week.
But Webb can rest assured her title shot will be not lost, with the promoter guaranteeing the Bendigo boxer and her trainer Scott Tuddenham the fight will go ahead at a later date
"We have still got the fight, that is no issue, Tuddenham said.
"The New South Wales Combat Sports Authority will be meeting on May 18 and the promoter has booked the same venue tentatively for June 27.
"That might be optimistic, but he's thinking just in case (things change).
"But whether it's June, July, August whatever, we still get the shot."
In terms of her preparation, Tuddenham said the postponement could prove a blessing in disguise for Webb, who has a 2-1 record in the professional ranks.
"To be honest it has worked out well for us because she only had about five weeks' notice," he said.
"We were really flogging her and were probably overtraining her just to make sure she saw the 10 rounds out.
"Now we can actually go away and work on some stuff.
"She had a really good sparring camp in Brisbane with Shannon O'Connell; this just gives us a bit more time."
Tuddenham will be guided by boxing authorities as to the do's and don't's around training.
"Apart from sparring, her training hasn't changed," he said.
"She will still be up at the QEO doing 400s and 800s."
Tuddenham, said a proposed comeback fight for himself, due later in the year, was also on hold, as was an intended return to superbike racing.
He has not fought since drawing his bout against Jonathan Binet at Warrnambool Stadium in December 2017.
Webb, 30, who will be the undisputed underdog when the bout finally goes ahead, previously described the world title bout as an opportunity of a lifetime.
"I didn't think this would happen at all - it's a great opportunity," she said.
"It's one that mightn't come around again, so the timing has been perfect. No matter what I am going to give it my all."
37-year-old Elmir has amassed more than 30 fights during her impressive international amateur career and is 5-1 in the professional ranks.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.