Castlemaine Health confirmed on Monday afternoon that two people have tested positive for coronavirus in Castlemaine.
"Two cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed in Castlemaine," a Castlemaine Health spokesperson said.
"Both were tested by GP clinics.
"The Department of Health and Human Services has made contact with people and groups who were in contact with the two cases and have taken the appropriate action."
Neither of the two cases are being treated at Castlemaine Health and they remain under the supervision of their general practitioner.
"We have no patients admitted with Covid-19 nor have we seen any positive results for the Covid-19 tests conducted by Castlemaine Health so far," the spokesperson said.
Victoria's Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton confirmed 61 new coronavirus cases on Monday, bringing the state's total to 355 and said these are unprecedented times.
"The threat of coronavirus to public health is real and everyone must take social distancing seriously," Mr Sutton said.
"Everyone who's unwell must isolate themselves and everyone who's been told they're in quarantine either as a returned traveller or close contact must do so."
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.