THE Bendigo Relay for Life committee is yet to decide if the April event will be postponed to a later date.
Bendigo chair Teresa Jones said the committee would speak with Cancer Council Victoria in the coming days to formulate a plan.
But Mrs Jones said the Relay for Life raffle, which was scheduled to be drawn on April 18, would go ahead as planned.
CANCER Council Victoria has cancelled all Relay for Life events for March and April.
The Bendigo event was due to take place on April 17 and 18.
Cancer Council Victoria chief executive Todd Harper said the decision was in the best interests of the community.
"Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our volunteers, staff and supporters," he said. "You are our most precious asset and we want to look after you.
Read more: Bendigo Relay for Life 2019 wraps up
"Given the high risk to public health currently posed by COVID-19, and keeping in mind that many who attend our events are in a higher risk group, we know the decision to cancel Relay events is in the best interests of our community.
"We thank you so much for your fundraising and planning efforts for these events so far, we are extremely grateful to you."
Mr Harper encouraged those involved with the event to contact the Cancer Council's Supporter Care team on 1300 65 65 85 if they have any questions.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.