Firefighters are continuing to monitor a demolition yard fire on Betley Road, Dunolly.
The Country Fire Authority has issued a community information message for Bromley and Dunolly.
It says smoke might be visible from nearby roads and communities.
There is no immediate threat to the community and no action is required.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
The Country Fire Authority has issued its final message for a demolition yard fire on Betley Road, Dunolly.
The message was issued for Bromley and Dunolly.
Smoke might visible from nearby roads and communities.
This fire is being monitored. There is no immediate threat to the community and no action is required.
The Country Fire Authority has issued an advice message for residents in Bromley and Dunolly following a building fire at a Dunolly demolition yard.
A CFA spokesperson said while there was no threat to the community, smoke could be visible from nearby roads and communities.
People were advised to avoid the area if possible.
The Country Fire Authority has contained a fire at a demolition yard in Dunolly.
A CFA spokesperson said five crews were called to the blaze on Betley Road, Dunolly about 5.40am on Friday.
The fire is now under control.
It comes after more than 60 bushfires blazed across Victoria on Thursday.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.