SMOKE might be visible near Kingower next week, with a fuel reduction burn planned in the Kingower State Forest.
Forest Fire Management Victoria and CFA are planning to burn 42 hectares near Mackenzies Gully Road, about one kilometre south west of Kingower.
The burn is expected to be completed between 10am on Monday and 8pm on Friday, November 15.
Smoke might be visible from Kingower, Rheola and Brenanah until Sunday, November 17.
Forest Fire Management Victoria and CFA have provided the following advice:
What to do about:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
- Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
- Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
- Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
- For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
- Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
- Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
- For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/
Stay informed about Planned Burning
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.