SUBWAY in Williamson Street is closed after a small electrical fire.
Bendigo Fire Brigade Senior Station Officer Rick O'Callaghan said the fire caused very little damage.
"Because we've used a dry chem extinguisher agent in there we now require the health inspector to attend and make the premise safe, as it is a food preparation business," he said.
Firefighters were called to Williamson Street at 8.12am.
Senior Station Officer O'Callaghan said an electrical fire in an exhaust fan had dropped down out of the ceiling and onto the top of a freezer in the rear of the shop area.
"We've been able to extinguish the fire quite quickly and we've isolated power to the premise to make it safe for us to go in," he said.
He said staff at the store detected the fire.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.