Get everyone together for a taco party centred around this melt in your mouth lamb shoulder recipe
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 3 hours
- 1.4kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeños, seeded, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (170ml) vegetable stock
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 1/4 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Soft tacos, lemon wedges, coriander leaves and garlic aioli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, garlic, jalapeños, half the lime zest and juice, honey and coriander, season. Make small incisions in the lamb with a sharp knife, pour over marinade and rub to coat. Place lamb in a large roasting pan, pour stock around base and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender and falling off bone. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes. Shred lamb with 2 forks. Drizzle with any pan juices, drained of fat.
- Meanwhile place fennel, fronds, cabbage, onions, remaining lime zest and juice and extra coriander in a large bowl. Season and toss to coat.
- Serve lamb on tacos with coleslaw, aioli and lime wedges.