Place in grand final up for grabs

GRAND final places will be won when Bendigo Amateur Soccer League clubs contest Sunday's preliminary finals at Eaglehawk's Truscott Reserve.

Eaglehawk will be aiming to captailise on home-turf advantage when it takes on Spring Gully in the division one match on pitch one at 2.30pm.

The Hawks scored a 2-1 victory as Brent Hamblin struck both goals in the semi-final against Colts United.

Best for Eaglehawk were Brent Hamblin, Sam Kerrins and Chris Hopley.

The Gully's semi against championship winner Strathdale went into extra time.

The Reds took a 3-2 lead in the 85th minute, but Shaun Allen equalised two minutes in stoppage time.

Strathdale took the lead in the 115th minute, but Josh Naunton struck for the Reds just seconds later.

A Sean Boxshall goal in the 119th minute sealed victory for Strathdale.

Best players for Spring Gully were Matt Ford, Josh Naunton and Joel Bish.

Another Spring Gully team will be represented in the women’s preliminary final.

Runner-up to Colts in the championship, Spring Gully takes on Epsom this Sunday.

Last weekend the Epsom Scorpions comprehensively defeated Strathdale.

The women's preliminary final kicks off at 12.30pm on pitch one.

The Gully is on the rebound from a 2-1 loss to Colts United.

In division two, Eaglehawk takes on Strathdale.

The Hawks kicked off the finals campaign by beating Swan Hill.

The battle of the birds went into penalties, with Eaglehawk a 3-2 winner.

Strathdale is on the rebound from a 1-0 loss to Spring Gully in the semi-final.

Eaglehawk's Toli Wanefalea controls the ball in the Hawks' championship clash with Strathdale at Truscott Reserve.

Eaglehawk's Toli Wanefalea controls the ball in the Hawks' championship clash with Strathdale at Truscott Reserve.

The division two match starts at 10.30am on pitch one.

Swan Hill and Spring Gully will be fighting it out for a place in the youth final from 11am on pitch two.

The Swans kicked off their finals campaign against the championship-winning Strathdale.

A great contest ended in a 3-2 win for the Blues.

Spring Gully overcame Golden City in another close match.

A penalty shoot-out was needed after the Reds and Rams were locked on five-all after 120 minutes.

Spring Gully won the shoot-out, 3-1.

There is plenty at stake on Sunday as the winners advance to the grand finals to be played on September 14 at Tom Flood Sports Centre. 


Discuss "Place in grand final up for grabs"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.