Fire at Long Gully IGA

FIRE crews have extinguished a small fire in the electric sign at Long Gully IGA tonight.

Grocery manager Adrian Mooney said no-one was in danger and people continued shopping at the Wood Street business throughout the incident.

The CFA arrived at the scene within minutes and put the fire out.

Mr Mooney said the sign was against a brick wall and the incident "did not affect the running of the business".

The CFA remains on scene.

Mr Mooney said the fire was likely caused by an electrical fault.


Discuss "Fire at Long Gully IGA"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.