Good morning Bendigo!
And happy AFL Grand Final day to you!
What a cracking game it will be. But as a Geelong supporter myself, I'm more than happy to be at work avoiding the game.
While there's been many highlights throughout the season - including this spectacular alley oop goal of the year - it seems St Kilda have been a little distracted this season.
They've made a new theme song to ease the tension of footy finals....
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers possible this morning and early afternoon. Find the full weather report here.
And you can find the other important (footy) predictions here.
Our morning journo Blair Thomson tips Hawthorn by 54 points - but I'm guessing Freo by five.
- A 44-year-old Castlemaine woman was involved in a motorbike crash in Pyrenees Highway yesterday afternoon. She was taken to Bendigo Hospital with minor injuries.
- A severe house fire in Werribee has left one man unconscious and another suffering from shock. Country Fire Authority spokesman Gerard Scholten said the blaze was possibly started by a heater. When CFA crews arrived at the property, they were met with "lots of smoke", and were told there was a person inside the burning house.
- Police are looking for witnesses to the attempted abduction of a teenage girl as she waited for a bus in Melbourne's west last night. The 19-year-old was waiting for a bus in Sunshine when male driver got out of a vehicle and approached her, attempting to drag her towards the car. She resisted and screamed, causing the man to let her go and drive off.
- We've all got footy fever in the office, and will be visiting the Bendigo pubs to get some snaps of the action. It seems the purple haze is already taking over, but I suspect the Hawthorn supporters will be out in force soon enough.
- There have been reports of a number of police matters that we're chasing up.
- It seems there's a lot at stake in many areas of the state today. A Bendigo man is competing for a $1 million. So we'll definitely let you know how he goes!
- The battle of the believers
- Bendigo partying for grand final showdown
- GALLERY: Bendigo Spirit vs Team China
- Wedderburn festival ignites differing views
- Musical family is taking flight
70 - Walls of upper city of Jerusalem battered down by Romans
1066 - England was invaded by William the Conqueror who claimed the English throne.
1924 - The first around-the-world flight was completed by two U.S. Army planes when they landed in Seattle, WA. The trip took 175 days.
2009 - The iTunes Music Store reached 2 billion applications downloaded.
What did one hat say to the other?
"You stay here, I'll go on a head!"
Yep, it's a very lame one for your Saturday morning.
Have a great day Bendigo. Get that barbecue burning. And go Freo!