Your new company
Hays Bendigo are the preferred supplier choice to Federal, State and Local Government. Our Client is currently seeking an APS6 Team Leader for their Shepparton office.
Your new role
You will work standard business hours, Monday - Friday from our Clients Shepparton office. You will be working across a diverse, and dispersed network working closely with State office, National Office and other State and Territories, managing planning, delivery and evaluation. You will be working in a legislative environment and must be able to make good decisions, using evidence to display this.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of tasks
- Leading a small team to make preparations for events
- You will contribute to the development of team objectives for short term tasks and strategic planning for longer-term initiatives, including setting priorities for the work area, maintaining team cohesion, and ensuring quality of outputs for the work area
- Overall supervision of temporary staff, using leadership skills to seamlessly and efficiently support the expanding workforce requirements
- Building technical capabilities and fostering career development of the team with training and performance management
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed you will be agile, flexible, adaptable, resilient and have the ability to follow instructions and meet strict deadlines. You will have good technical knowledge, the ability to maintain vital record keeping and be very detail orientated. You will also need to display:
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of major logistical events with demonstrated ability to persist with, and focus on achieving objectives
- Demonstrated ability to remain positive and respond to pressure in a calm manner, while committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved
- Demonstrated strong leadership, experience developing team members to build team capability with exceptional delegation skills in support of achieving quality business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence, collaborate and negotiate and manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and a strong commitment to working harmoniously within a team to achieve positive results and support strategic direction
What you'll get in return
Through Hays, this temporary role offers you an hourly rate. Temporary and Contract workers also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Bendigo based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2552494