Join the ResMed Sleep and Respiratory Care Team today!
ResMed is a global leader in connected devices and digital health. We help millions of people sleep, breathe and live better lives. Are you ready to help fuel our growth? As ResMed continues to evolve with the future of healthcare, our customer-centric organization focuses on cloud-connected devices and digital health technologies that are designed to help treat and manage sleep apnea, COPD, and other chronic respiratory diseases that, together, affect over one billion people worldwide.
If you share a passion for transforming care, keeping people healthy and out of the hospital, and lowering healthcare costs, ResMed invites you to apply to an applicable role (e.g. marketing, sales or product development) within the diverse and talented Sleep and Respiratory Care team.
Product Development - Devices Software
ii Job Summary
The product development team is integral to the development of the Sleep and Respiratory Care business. This team operates cross functionally and utilises best practice to provide products that will meet requirements for the global market.
The Student Engineer will operate within a project team and will be tasked with responsibility to assist the design, development, documentation, testing and support of device products, whilst operating within ResMed Quality Standards.
iii Let’s talk about Responsibilities
· You are proactive in solving engineering problems with guidance.
· You are open to feedback.
· You have good written and verbal communication skills.
· You are developing an understanding of the customer needs
· You actively participate in your team; are open, honest and
respectful and support others.
· You demonstrate an interest in the latest technologies, and a desire to learn new technologies.
· You are learning ResMed's processes and relevant industry standards. You apply them as appropriate under significant guidance from more senior engineers.
Drive for results
· You take ownership and responsibility for your work to completion.
Position Specific Skills and Challenges
· C++ / Python programming languages and Object Oriented design.
· Embedded software development including application, device interface, real-time control or graphical user interface functionality.
· Test, verification and validation traced to requirements and utilising automated Behaviour Driven Development techniques.
· Agile/SCRUM development process.
· Development environment including MS Visual Studio, gcc, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, JSON, Jira, Jama, Windows/Linux.
· Medical device product development process.
iv Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience
· Currently undertaking a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
· Software engineering experience
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!