2xm Recruit is the leading technical workforce recruitment and labour hire solutions provider in Victoria to the Rail and rolling stock sector. We are a national business backed by a global brand
We are looking for an experienced Cable Assembler/Soldering Technician for an immediate start with one of our National clients in their Keysborough workshop.
About this Role
The successful applicant will fabricate and modify electronic assemblies and cabling as required, using industry standard practices, according to schematic drawings or other documentation generated by engineers to make switchboards and control panels in a production assembly environment.
Responsibilities will include; liaising with workshop and production support staff, undertaking assembly & manufacturing tasks as directed, soldering, fabrication, and repair of electrical and signal cabling used in rail and infrastructure projects.
This role details are below:
Start: Monday 6th December 2021
Monday - Thursday 7.00am - 3.45pm
(ongoing casual role available for the right person)
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role and/or a related industry.
All applicants must have experience:
- Working in cable manufacturing and/or assembly.
- Soldering to high specifications/ fine detailed work.
- Working in a fast-paced production environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Soldering of fine components
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and tools used in the soldering, fabrication and repair of electrical and signal cabling equipment and circuit boards.
- Ability to read workshop and electronic drawings.
- Attention to detail, and meticulous working manner.
- Ability to analyse and design simple analogue and digital circuits.