Senior Software Engineer
GSO SEVEN HILLS
- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Certified "Great Place to Work"
- Free onsite parking | Convenient Western Sydney location
- Flexible work arrangement available | Profit Share bonus on offer
- Exciting technology roadmap offering varied project portfolio
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can collaboratively work in a team and also independently to achieve customers' objectives by designing, implementing and maintaining high quality software solutions through the effective application of the software development methodology, techniques and technology.
This role works closely with all teams across the business, the wider Kennards group and external vendors to deliver technology that is integral to the Kennards Hire technology roadmap.
We offer great training and development opportunities to our staff such as free exams for Microsoft Azure Certifications, Access to online training such as Pluralsight and much more.
About the role
- Create solutions and technical recommendations based on customers' needs.
- Decompose larger requirements into smaller and more manageable work to deliver features in an incremental and iterative manner.
- Determine technical direction within brown field projects.
- Deliver high quality work using agile practices
- Ship vertical slices of larger products from idea to production
- Write maintainable software; including practices such as automated tests, infrastructure as code, writing build & deployment pipelines in code.
- Reduce technical debt
- Experience in distributed services development in a Microsoft environment - C#, ASP.Net, .Net Core, SQL
- Hands on experience in application development in Azure, including App Services, Functions, Key Vault, Azure SQL, Storage account, etc
- Good knowledge of programming concepts and design patterns
- Good knowledge of database concepts, including database design, querying and indexing
- Experienced managing code repositories in Github or Azure DevOps including CI/CD pipelines
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to apply skills and experience to new problems and technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience working collaboratively with external software vendors and solution providers
- Knowledge of Terraform is desirable
- Knowledge of Docker is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with Stakeholders and peers
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Profit Share bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process