Your new company
Our client is a State Government agency responsible for regulating and administering workers compensation scheme in WA.
Your new role
Our client is seeking an experienced information access officer to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role provides effective coordination of activities relating to the processing of information access requests, including Freedom of Information applications.
You will also be responsible to:
- Coordinate the Agency's monthly retention and disposal program in accordance with the agency's approved retention schedule, relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist with continuous improvement programs aimed at enhancing recordkeeping and information management access requests and practices across the agency.
- Undertake research, evaluate documents and interpret and apply FOI legislation in making recommendations on the release of information. Prepare draft notices of decision in regards to access applications and the release of documents.
- Provide eDRMS, support and training to agency staff in accordance with records and information management policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Freedom of Information Act 1992, and the principles in relation to access to personal and government information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Records Management Frameworks, including Retention & Disposal schedules
- Demonstrated well-developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills. Well-developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed written communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge working with electronic document records management systems.
What you'll get in return
This is a newly created role working in a team of 6. On offer is state government level 5 salary, annual development courses, staff gym, free parking and 'acting' opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2670003