Role: Senior Educator
Centre: Goodstart Busselton
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time - 38 Hours Weekly
Toddler Room - Rotating Roster between 6.30 am - 6.30pm (must be available for all shifts)
Are you a Senior Educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our Centre Directors to Centre Teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
- Goodstart Busselton
- Our outdoor environment has a wonderful balance of natural and manmade elements for the children to explore and learn about sustainability.
- Highly trained and experienced educators working together as a team to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
- Excursions and Community Engagements are strong in the Centre
- Key Educator Practices
- Friendly, Supportive and Long Standing Team
As a Senior Educator at Goodstart Busselton, your responsibilities include leading and mentoring your room Team to develop and deliver high quality and inclusive play based educational programs aligning with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards. Working alongside our friendly and supportive Centre Leadership Team you observe, review and continuously improve the educational programs on offer to children ensuring the best outcomes.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Holding a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ACECQA recognised qualifications)
- Having a Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Demonstrating exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Being a passionate educator who is driven by a desire to provide quality learning experiences
- Evidencing experience in a Senior Educator role/Leadership Skills
- Planning and implementing innovative and high-quality educational programs for each individual child
- Leading, mentoring and supporting a team of passionate Educators within your room
Why choose Goodstart?
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Better pay - you’ll get at least 3% above the award rate, increasing to 5% by 2024
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year. And our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards, plus hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood (ACECQA approved equivalent), then we want to meet you!
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application. We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.