Senior Educator – Seventeen Mile Rocks
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic Senior Educator to join a highly motivated team, providing fun and educational programs to children in our care.
As a passionate childcare professional you will be committed to providing the highest quality of care and will be rewarded with the opportunity to build your career within a supportive and rewarding environment.
- Goodstart Seventeen Mile Rocks is an impressive child care centre with lots of character, located in a quiet setting, set back from the road close to leafy bushland – but not too far from schools, shops and conveniences.
- Our warm, friendly and professional team of educators strive to provide the highest quality care and learning experiences for the children through strong partnership with our families
- Our centre is modern, purpose built and air conditioned with five large rooms – from Nursery to Kindergarten - caring for children six weeks to five years
- Our team of educators are dedicated and proud to work at the centre to make Goodstart Seventeen Mile Rocks Road a truly respected and reputable early learning centre in our local community
- Outside, our playground areas are a balance of natural and manmade elements and play surfaces – with everything you would expect in a vibrant and activity based play area. We have carefully designed and planned spaces to encourage a stronger understanding of the environment and sustainability – while giving children the scope to explore, play and let their imaginations roam
- A major focus for our centre is how working with the broader community can help us enrich the children’s learning experience. Through visits to the centre as well as excursions and participation in community events, we are able to deepen the relationship between the centre and the community
- We have close connections with all of our families and are a very family orientated centre
- Diploma level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved) or working towards
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Permanent full-time position, 38 hours
- Senior Educator float position assisting in all rooms as required, covering absences, holidays etc. No regular programming and planning is required except when covering a room leader on annual leave.
- Implement innovative and high-quality educational programs for each individual child
- Lead, mentor and support a team of passionate educators within the room you are working in
- Actively contribute to delivering the Centre and business plans
- Ensure learning and development is aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Support a culture of reflective practice and continuous improvement
- Competitive above award wages
- Supportive and friendly team
- Ability to cash in annual leave
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Discounted childcare fees
- Professional development opportunities
- Career pathways
- Uniform allowance
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’