Your new company
This Victorian State Government department is focused on driving economic growth throughout Victoria. This team is responsible for developing policy, programs and regulation to enable investment and generate jobs through the sustainable development of the State's earth resources.
Your new role
This role will help lead economic studies whilst also providing authoritative advice to create jobs via the development of the State's resources. You will be responsible for:
• Delivering complex projects requiring economic expertise and subject matter knowledge.
• High level strategic advice and stakeholder engagement.
• Managing complex qualitative & quantitative research and analysis of market trends to help understand their influence over Victoria’s economic development.
• Engage & manage specialist consultants to deliver required products in a timely manner.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced economist with experience in delivering accurate and authoritative economic studies. You will be an expert at:
• Analysing and conceptualising complex data with the ability to identify core issues from different perspectives.
• Informing regulatory design (Regulatory Impact Statement) or legislative review (Legislative Impact Assessment).
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Working as an effective member of a highly motivated team whilst manage varying & complex workloads.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work within a major government body and assist in strengthening the economy and creation of jobs in a growing team. In addition, you will be remunerated at VPS 5 level, dependent on experience, with the possibility to extend.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Laughlan Judge on (03) 8616 8403 or Laughlan.Judge@hays.com.au now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you or are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Alternatively, if this role would be of interest to anyone you know please don't hesitate to pass on this advertisement or my contact details.
LHS 297508 #2539851