Who we are:
Semios is the premier AgTech solution for managing tree fruit, nut and vine crops. Employing internet-of-things (IoT) technology combined with big data analytics we collect over 500 million crop data points every day, empowering tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize production costs and improve yield. One of our customers spoke to their Semios experience in this short video which shows how our solution helps growers scale operations while achieving more environmentally sustainable practices.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards 2020 - IoT and AI Overall Sensor Solution of the Year
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
Semios is dedicated to helping farmers leverage technology to produce a better outcome and we apply the best technology available in the market providing farmers decision aid solutions from anywhere, on any device, in real-time. We improve sustainability, reduce inputs and increase the value of harvests.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems.
In this newly created role with Semios, you will help build relationships, create awareness and expand our market share in Australia in our target crop markets. This will involve outreach to stakeholders across the agricultural sector including,, farmers, associations and retailers to identify, develop and solidify opportunities for sales of our products and services.
You bring a passion for, and deep understanding of, the challenges farmers face having worked in or studied agriculture. You are a master relationship builder. You understand a solution sales process and have a talent for discovering and helping customers or partners achieve their objectives.
What you will do:
- Build and manage a portfolio of direct customer and partner accounts to achieve long-term growth in sales in the Greater Shepparton region.
- Identifying, prospecting, recruiting and on-boarding new partners to refer or distribute Semios products through the effective deployment of a regional channel management plan.
- Represent Semios at industry events and lead presentations about Semios products and services
- Develop and monitor mutual performance objectives, sales targets and critical milestones with channel partners;
- Manage the relationships with any channel partners by providing training and guidance to ensure partners are successful in acre acquisition;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any partners located in the territory and coordinate between partner and Semios marketing and sales departments to leverage all available sales and marketing assets
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity weekly to build and adapt appropriate strategy relevant to the geography;
- Use our CRM and other reporting tools to record and track progress of discussions
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Exceptional level of enthusiasm, persistence and energy
- Outside sales and channel management experience, prospecting, new business development
- Experience in a regional or global indirect channel sales and/or channel management role with successful demonstration of ability to meet and/or exceed targets in a sell-through environment.
- Experience in the commercial tree fruit, nut or vine industry
- An established network of professionals in the industry
- Competitive nature and desire to excel
- Experience maintaining productivity while working alone
- A high level of organization and strategic thinking skills
- Competency with computer technology and comfort describing cloud computing, big data and IoT technology
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Australia up to 50% of the time
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Agronomy or related field (Horticulture, Entomology or other)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of technologies used in commercial agriculture
- Knowledge of the use of mating disruption for pest control
- Initial preference is for someone based in the greater Shepparton region
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Competitive Salary and performance based incentives
- Company vehicle, cell phone and computer
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build our Australian presence
- Make the world better through more sustainable food production