Childcare Educator | Bendigo South
About Your New Role:
As our new educator, it is your role to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community. You will be intrinsically motivated to support and guide children’s learning, while developing your own career and knowledge within the childcare sector. As an educator, you will be supported by your Centre Leadership Team in your new role, as you learn the fundamental skills of being an inspired educator within the Journey community.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Assisting with observations of individuals and groups of children
- Assisting in the evaluation of children in terms of individual strengths, weaknesses, interests and preferences, which is then used to design activities to be included in the programme.
- Assisting with the program design, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspect of children’s development in a holistic way.
- Working as an effective team member and within the defined position description.
- Seek and accept support from your Lead Educators, Educational Leader and Centre Manager
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- ACECQA approved Diploma or Certificate III in Children’s Services or, working towards
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full working rights in Australia
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- High Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors.
- Uniforms Provided – Receive annually updated uniforms to keep you looking fresh and feeling great!
- Paid Annual Volunteer Day - Giving you something that gives back!
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us!
Journey Early Learning Bendigo South is a warm and welcoming centre that caters for up to 96 children between the ages of six weeks and six years old. With a long-standing team of inclusive and adventurous educators, Bendigo South has strong ties and connections within the local community.
Our environment has been designed to promote child-led play and learning in both our indoor and outdoor environments. Our large, centrally located kitchen is the perfect place for celebrations, shared meals and interactions with families and children as they enter and leave the centre.
Our Centre Manager, Briony has experience across all roles within the sector and her approach to early learning stems from Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. According to Maslow, we have five categories of needs: Physiological, safety, love, esteem, and self-actualisation.
We are proud to be a tight-knit centre, with most of our families engaging in the frequent social activities that we organise to promote connection.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.