- Process new member applications and service requests from existing members
- Full-time, 8 month fixed-term opportunities with possibility of extension
- Hybrid working model with a modern office located close to Parliament station
What makes us, us
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of nearly 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey.
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
- Good people: We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
- Wellbeing experts: Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
- Long-term commitment: As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
- Driving positive impact: Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest
Reporting to your supportive Team Leader, our Membership Consultants collaborate within a high-volume environment and are responsible for processing new member applications, cancellations and changes of cover for Australian Unity’s existing members. Our everyday tasks and contribution are to be processed in line with service level agreements, our customer promise, and legal requirements, so an eye for detail and passion for delivering a great customer experience is essential.
What you will do
- Processing member items (including membership applications etc) in accordance with company policy, procedures and service level agreements
- Recommending and authorising membership decisions within agreed authority limits
- Ensuring appropriate escalation for queries that require a more detailed response. Providing all relevant information to person managing escalation to ensure efficient resolution
- Ensuring Phoenix is actioned in date order and on first contact to ensure cases are processed in line with service level agreements (we can train you in this)
- Adhere to standard templates, procedures and protocols to compliance requirements
What we are looking for
- Experience within a customer-centric contact centre or back office environment is highly desirable
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills balanced with an eye for producing work at a high standard of detail
- Availability to commence training in August
You will enjoy a range of great employee benefits and rewards including:
- Competitive Remuneration
- A range of attractive product and service discounts from Australian Unity’s Retail and Wealth Management portfolio – including health insurance and banking products
- Flexible Working Arrangements including Work-From-Home days with a real work-life balance
- Available access to LinkedIn Learning courses through our great Learning platform
- Additional paid Wellbeing and Volunteer leave days yearly
Where to from here?
Please contact Richard Maher, Talent Acquisition Practice Lead, for a confidential discussion or more details – email@example.com.
Please note that all Australian Unity employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19. Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.