Your new company
Hays Legal has partnered with a growing construction organisation based in the outer west Melbourne suburb to recruit for a Legal Counsel. You will be working with highly qualified professionals specialising in the construction space.
Your new role
In this autonomous role, you will lead the provision of commercially focused legal advice and be in charge of the legal requirements of the business. In addition, you will:
- Negotiate building contracts, subcontracts, lease negotiation and tripartite agreements
- Draft legal instruments to accompany building contracts
- Provision of advice in relation to and management of all litigious matters.
- Provision of legal advice to the senior management team, drafting & enforcement of internal company policies.
- Advising in relation to restraint of trade & termination of employment matters.
- Provision of general advice in relation to IP, drafting/revision of a range of documents concerning protection of IP.
- Provide technical legal advice to resolve legal disputes with subcontractors
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A legal qualification and a current Australian Legal Practising Certificate
- 3+ years’ PAE
- Construction legal experience, including experience gained as inhouse counsel
- Experience in negotiating and drafting amendments to various standard-form construction and consultancy general conditions of contract
- Excellent communications skills and ability to deal with different stakeholders effectively
What you'll get in return
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to join a highly competent team reporting and assisting a supportive manager. This organisation has an open mind to flexibility to help their employees achieve work life balance. There is also competitive remuneration on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us Suras Khosla now on 9604 9519 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2596912