Specialised Breeders Australia (SBA) is a leading layer breeder with a professional edge. We pride ourselves in the quality of our Day Old Chicks and the Australian layer market expects the best from us. Our main hatchery operations are located in Rochester, Victoria.
About the Role
This full-time role will undertake key quality duties for SBA’s commercial and genetic hatcheries, including chicken vent sexing. Normal days of operation are Monday to Friday. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Undertake Quality Control activities to ensure Day-Old-Chicks meet customer quality requirements.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date quality records.
- Understand and meet Quality Assurance and HACCP requirements.
- Perform incubator and hatcher checks, calibration, and other related duties.
- Prepare egg sets.
- Undertake chick sexing, including vent sexing of genetic flocks.
- Provide general support to the hatch-day teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3–5 years of experience with vent sexing of chicks.
- Understanding of quality principles in a hatchery environment.
- A great eye for detail!
- Ability to get along with other members of the hatchery team to ensure best outcomes for SBA and its customers.
- The ability to work safely and autonomously within your own role.
- A Diploma level or higher in science, majoring in animal science, or other relevant qualification. Alternatively, minimum three years’ experience that would satisfy this requirement.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites applications from all suitably qualified candidates. SBA is offering an annual salary between $75,000 - $85,000, negotiable for the right candidate, plus superannuation.
About working for SBA:
- SBA has an Employee Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of its employees.
- Strict biosecurity is in place. Our employees are not able to keep birds or pigs at their place of residence or have household contact with a worker in these industries.
- You must have your own transport, or ability to get to work for early starts.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory pre-employment medical before commencement.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and qualifications we are seeking, please submit your résumé and a cover letter outlining why you are the ideal applicant. Applications close 14 June 2022.
Previous applicants need not apply.
We respect your right to privacy and will protect your confidential application.