Your new company
Heritage Care was established in 2002 and continues to provide the highest quality of residential aged care services sine the establishment. We are continually evolving to deliver our strategic objectives with the ultimate aim of becoming ‘the best...in everything we do’. Delivering our strategic objectives requires our team to aspire to be the best at what they do to the benefit of our community including residents, colleagues and contractors. At Heritage Care, we believe creating the best outcomes requires the best people, systems and processes.
Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager/Director of Nursing to join our home located in Pennant Hills NSW to oversee the 40-bed home, lead and mentor our experienced team. As the General Manager, your mission is to manage, monitor and deliver on all expected outcomes per the Australian Quality & Safety Commission Agency (ACQSC), other regulatory requirements, Human Resources and Financial Management of the specified home. Also, as the Director of Nursing, you will ensure all matters clinical and the provision of consumer centred care in the least restrictive manner/environment for the designated facility. You will be working closely with the Chief Executive Officer to execute all necessary strategic activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Registered Nurse with current registration the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Ability to speak fluent Mandarin and Cantonese
- Undergraduate, graduate or post graduate qualifications in Management or appropriate business qualifications. (Working towards same may be considered).
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Residential Aged Care.
- Experience in the re-accreditation process and related assessment visits conducted by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC).
- Sound knowledge of the Aged Care Act 1997 and subordinate principles.
- Sound knowledge of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
- Sound knowledge of the Aged Care Standards and expected outcomes.
- The ability to write business cases, reports and regulatory responses.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in aged care
- Broad knowledge of the Aged Care Industry, Aged Care Act, 1997 and subordinate principles
- Strong Knowledge of Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
- Excellent computer literacy and competency in electronic care systems
- Experience in accessing Joanna Briggs “best practice” portal with demonstrable understanding of contemporary nursing practice
- Experience in Key Performance Indicators and an unambiguous understanding of clinical governance and accountability
What you need to do now
For further information please contact Paul Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8226 9699.
Hays Executive have been retained to manage this GM Search assignment. All third party and indirect applications will be forwarded to Paul Phillips.
LHS 297508 #2593556