Your new company
My client are a well-known and respected multinational insurance company who are on the hunt for an experienced Financial Analyst to join their team in the Melbourne CBD. This will initially start as a 12 month contract, but does have the potential to turn into a more permanent role for the right candidate.
Your new role
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Reports, Level 1 APRA Returns for company entities
- Review of FSL, ESL, ARPC and Stamp duty returns and reconciliations, including the identification, investigation and resolution of variances
- Preparation of all internal ESL rate setting reporting requirements and support
- Preparation and / or review of annual SIRA, Stamp Duty and ESL returns
- Attending to all internal and external audit requests
- Understanding APRA Prudential Standards and regulations to assist with the resolution of APRA queries
- Coordination of Statutory and Regulatory reporting process & timetable for half year and full year in respect of subsidiary entities.
- Assist as directed with the preparation of Board and Committee papers for Statutory and Regulatory Reporting in relation to planning, reporting timetable, adherence to delivery deadlines and liaison with stakeholders. This will include dividend proposals, capital & PCA forecasts and Financial Reporting Analysis
- Assist with maintaining and updating the CaseWare system. This will include keeping abreast of regulatory updates and ensuring all reporting in compliance with Accounting Policies and Accounting Standards
- Assist and coordinate the annual audit of SIRA levies, liaise with the business and resolve audit queries
- Assist with the transition to IFRS 17 and help as directed
- Proactively keep pace with latest regulatory developments, maintaining a close relationship with the broader Finance team to ensure efficiency of all processes and assist with leading ongoing quality and process improvement
- Assist with designing and implementing rigorous financial processes in response to the changing business and system environment
- Assist as directed with risk controls testing
What you'll need to succeed
- Financial Services expertise required, preferably within Insurance
- Experience in finance and accounting including financial management/reporting, technical accounting knowledge, and business commerciality
- Experience in financial reporting with good technical accounting knowledge.
- Demonstrates a moderate to high skill across a broad range of systems (SAP, TM1, MS Office) desired
- Proficient in using financial reporting tools, i.e., CaseWare in preparing Financial Statements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, plan and adhere to deadlines and perform under pressure
- Tertiary qualifications, i.e., degree in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
- Relevant professional membership and certifications
What you'll get in return
- Experience working in a large multinational organisation.
- Competitive salary package.
- Potential temp to perm opportunity.
- WFH Flexibility.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2663344