FARM MANAGER (POULTRY)
Specialised Breeders Australia (SBA) is Australia’s leading layer breeder and producer of day-old-chicks and point-of-lay pullets. We are an ISO 9001-2015 accredited organisation with a strong quality and customer focus. With an increase in growth opportunities and biosecurity requirements we are seeking a farm manager to manage a 5 shed production farm in Central Victoria (some rearing is involved). Bendigo is the closest regional city with plenty of available shopping, schools, community resources, TAFE and university.
As the successful person you will bring a competent set of skills and experience to support quality production, drive efficiencies and maximise opportunities. In addition to having the required poultry experience you must be an excellent people manager, with experience managing in a compliance context. This full-time role has one direct report and oversees a small team.
Salary band is $75-$85k, negotiable with the successful candidate. A fully serviced company vehicle will be provided. Bonuses may be payable on performance outcomes. SBA provides all required uniform and work equipment (e.g. phone, computer, etc.) and staff have an Employee Assistance Program available to them and their immediate family. Days of work can be negotiated with an understanding that regular farm on-call work will form part of the agreement.
- Adhering to SBA’s flock management program and procedures.
- Adhering to SBA’s Quality Management System.
- Managing and maintaining strong biosecurity and animal welfare.
- Managing one direct report with oversight of a small team.
Key requirements of the role:
- Degree in animal science or agriculture with 2 years’ industry experience, or minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or management experience (minimum 2 – 5 years).
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team within a compliance context (e.g. safety, people, animal welfare, biosecurity, quality, etc.).
- Ability to take direction and apply the company’s principles of poultry management.
- A pleasant demeanour and the ability to interact positively with staff, management and internal customers.
- A positive and clear communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to use Word, Outlook and basic Excel and adapt to technology requirements.
- Manage site alarms.
Highly desirable: Layer experience
To work for SBA in this role you must:
- Hold and keep an Australian driver’s licence.
- Be able to meet and maintain SBA’s biosecurity requirements.
- Complete a satisfactory pre-employment medical.
- Agree to and adhere to SBA’s policies and procedures.
Instructions to Apply: Please ensure your résumé is current before uploading and include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience against our criteria. You must be able to demonstrate the above experience and capability to be considered for this position, including poultry experience.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialised Breeders Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer