Disability Support Workers
- Casual or permanent positions
Join us in providing the highest quality healthcare
Healthscope is Australia's only national private hospital operation and healthcare provider with a network of 42 hospitals that service every state and territory. No matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients, their families and carers, and it is a privilege to be part of their care.
Healthscope Independence Services (HIS) is a division of Healthscope. We are a specialist provider of unique accommodation, attendant care and in-home services to individuals with acquired brain injuries, disabilities, complex conditions and those who have left hospital and require additional support at home. The accommodation we provide promotes independence and helping our clients who are working towards achieving their short and long term goals.
At HIS, all of our disability support workers are carefully selected and recruited based on the specific requirements of our individual clients. Our accommodation provides long-term, short-term, transitional and respite options in metropolitan Melbourne, regional Victoria, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
Become part of our team
As Disability Support worker you will provide person centered care, helping people to achieve their goals and to support their day to day activities. You'll be assisting them with all aspects of daily living and in achieving their short and longer term goals.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A Certificate III or IV in Disability / Community Service / Individual Support / Aged Care
- Ideally, experience working in the disability sector
- Passion and commitment in supporting people with disability and providing a warm environment where they have choice and feel safe
- To think critically, problem solve and make decisions
- Great organisation skills and to work effectively as part of a team
- To be flexible to help fill a 24/7 roster
- Introductory computer skills
Remuneration is dependent upon skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of benefits for our employees including:
- Work life balance through flexible working hours
- Further training and upskilling
- Career development opportunities
Healthscope is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. We encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
You must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
You'll also need the following checks or have a willingness to obtain:
- Current NDIS Worker Screening check
- Current First Aid certificate
- CPR certificate (no more than 12 months old)
- Current State/Territory Driver's License preferred but not mandatory
Applications Close: 3rd November 2021
For further enquiries: Please contact Amanda Marek at email@example.com or alternativly please contact Amanda on 0439 397 571
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.