- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Ongoing training & development
- Uniforms & PPE provided | Annual Awards Program | Current HR Licence a must
- Profit Share | Discounts on insurance, eye care, travel + more | Located in Penrith
- $71,000 Salary package + Super + a $1,000 sign on bonus (details in advert)
Our Sydney Distribution Centre, located in Penrith, is the home to several specialist branches/teams, taking advantage of grouped logistics, repair and maintenance functions. In the DC, we have our Access, Earthmoving & Site Services, Traffic & Pump & Power specialist businesses.
The DC Driver position is part of the logistics function of the Distribution Centre (DC). The DC is designed to provide a service to the customers and support the branch network with a range of large and specialist equipment, product and solutions with increased convenience, improved utilisation and productivity.
About the role
The DC Driver is responsible for the safe loading, securing, delivering and picking up equipment to and from our customers events, construction sites and branches. Drivers are required to provide safe, reliable and friendly transport services and often are required to demonstrate the safe use of equipment.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Instruct and demonstrate to customer's on the equipment operation including use of QR codes
- Make recommendations about complementary equipment or products that will support the customer's needs
- Proactively engaging with scheduling to complete duties effectively and efficiently
- Correctly scheduling day to day deliveries and pickups
- Perform DC facility cleaning and maintenance as required
- Perform scanning, pickup and delivery of equipment
- Perform equipment loading/unloading and load restraint
- Be familiar and flexible across multiple classes of vehicles as the range and type of equipment determines the vehicle requirement.
- Understanding of load restraint, mass and dimension principles is essential
- Kennards Hire operates as part of the construction industry in New South Wales. The NSW and Australia government requires all authorised workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19
- A current HR driver's licence & load restraint knowledge required
- Previous experience HR truck driving and loading role
- A current Forklift licence would be advantageous
- The availability to work full time Monday to Friday (including half day Saturday when required)
- Knowledgeable and compliant to Chain of Responsibility
- Strong communication skills including the ability to follow directions, ask questions to ensure understanding, and proactively provide information to team members
- The ability to confidently use computers and mobile devices for email, internet and basic transactional processing.
- Previous experience in a customer service role, and a genuine interest in helping others
- Time management skills including the ability to plan ahead and reschedule in accordance with changes in priorities
Why join the family
- $1,000 sign on bonus is paid after 90 days
- Base salary of $67,275, *Profit Share average $4,000, + 10% Superannuation
- *Profit share bonus is variable and is paid twice a year. The average annual payment is $4,000. The actual amount paid depends on the financial performance of the branch and company as well as branch quality standards achieved.
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process
Simply hit the Apply Now button and we look forward to talking with you!