Your new company
This Local Government organisation oversees large residential, commercial and slightly industrial areas comprising a solid mix of both brown and green field development. The area offers ideal lifestyle opportunities and the council’s Strategic Planning team responsible for facilitating growth, modernisation and commercialisation of this rapidly developing local area and is looking to bring on new talent.
Your new role
Due to the increase in workload, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Development Planner to join the Environmental and Planning Assessment team. To contribute to the overall vision and purpose of the team, your key responsibilities will be;
- Conduct assessment of development and other planning related applications including site inspections in required timeframes
- Provide advice and commentary with regards to policy amendments to strategic land-use policy and plans, including Development Control Plans, Local Environmental Plans and Contributions Plans
- Provide professional advice on strategic and statutory planning matters to customers and industry professionals
- Advise on development compliance and enforcement functions where required
- Provide assistance to help identify planning issues and to develop strategies for the future development of areas
- Prepare detailed and complex reports to Council and the other committee’s meetings on planning matters and attend the meetings when required
- Prepare and provide expert evidence in Land & Environment Court matters
- Expertise in problem solving skills and analytical thought processes, through research and assessment of planning applications, planning issues/problems
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position you must have;
- A degree qualification in Urban Planning or related field, coupled with practical planning experience working for a Local or State NSW Government organisation and eligibility for membership of relevant professional institutions.
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a part of the team
What you'll get in return
Not only will you be well remunerated with a very attractive hourly rate and the promise of a long term contract, you will also have the chance to work with a dynamic and vibrant Council focused on creating sustainable and working future for its community. All this based in one of the State's most sought after locations. Sounds great right?
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role DO NOT HESITATE, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call Staci Baird now on 0414 896 784.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2533608