Childcare Educator | Epsom
About Your New Role:
As our new educator, it is your role to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community. You will be intrinsically motivated to support and guide children’s learning, while developing your own career and knowledge within the childcare sector. As an educator, you will be supported by your Centre Leadership Team in your new role, as you learn the fundamental skills of being an inspired educator within the Journey community.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Assisting with observations of individuals and groups of children
- Assisting in the evaluation of children in terms of individual strengths, weaknesses, interests and preferences, which is then used to design activities to be included in the programme.
- Assisting with the program design, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspect of children’s development in a holistic way.
- Working as an effective team member and within the defined position description.
- Seek and accept support from your Lead Educators, Educational Leader and Centre Manager
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- ACECQA approved Diploma or Certificate III in Children’s Services or, working towards
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full working rights in Australia
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform – Journey Academy, external training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Paid Team Meetings – Be paid for your time and commitment to Journey.
- Uniforms Provided – Receive annually updated uniforms to keep you looking fresh and feeling great.
Journey Early Learning Epsom, formerly known as Country Buddies Bendigo, is a purpose-built centre catering for 130 children between the ages of six months and six years. Our centre is a place that sparks curiosity, wonder and joy in all educators, children and visitors.
Our Centre Manager, Jeanette, is passionate about fostering children’s development as well as establishing positive and engaging relationships with children and families. The team at Epsom is built on the foundations of connection, communication, and consideration.
Jeanette is an inspiring and knowledgeable Centre Manager who focuses on offering continuous support and opportunities to each member of the team. At Epsom, we pride ourselves on building connections with neighbours, schools, local businesses, and community organisations.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.