Your new company
This Federal Government agency has been set up to advocate on behalf of those living with a disability across Australia. The commission investigate cases made by participants involved with the scheme and work to achieve positive outcomes for the individual.
Your new role
APS5 Reportable Incident Handling Officer will be part of a state-based team, with duties including:
- Support the implementation, operation and monitoring of the reportable incidents handling function
- Assess and manage a caseload of incidents reported to the Commission by providers, including engaging with providers, where requested, on incidents (including deaths of people with disability) and supporting the Assistant Director in the escalation of incidents for investigation or other action where necessary
- Support the development of advice to the Branch Manager about trends, issues, individuals of concern and inadequate investigations by service providers, through the assessment and analysis of information gathered during the reportable incidents handling process
- Support the education and training function for providers in identifying incidents, preventing and effectively responding to abuse, and neglect of people with disability
- Develop productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders to facilitate the work of the reportable incidents handling function
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous regulatory/assessment experience who will be able to work autonomously
- Previous experience in a reportable incidents environment, managing moderately complex incidents affecting the safety and wellbeing of participants
- A well-developed understanding of processes designed to manage incidents affecting the safety and wellbeing of participants and achieve positive outcomes
- Strong analytical skills including a capacity to evaluate incidents affecting the safety and wellbeing and related issues and contribute to solutions, advice and capacity building
- Ability to identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement to achieve quality outcomes · Excellent written and oral communication skills including the capacity to produce detailed briefings and correspondence
What you'll get in return
This is a contract role to start ASAP, with potential extension for the right candidate. On offer is a competitive hourly rate, On job training and development and convenient CBD location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2667126