Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
The Product team is responsible for shaping the digital product experience for Nine Digital and Publishing's wealth of properties including subscription mastheads The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, one of Australia’s most accessed news websites, nine.com.au, and Australia's leading broadcast video-on-demand destination, 9Now.
To do this, Product collaborates with partners from every part of Nine to understand audiences and create meaningful experiences that power Nine’s ambitious growth goals.
You will be part of a team that empowers the wider business to make data-driven decisions by:
- Delivering analytical reporting in response to stakeholder requests
- Proactively reaching out to stakeholders with interesting and actionable insights
- Facilitating the creation of new data products in collaboration with our Data Engineering team
- Playing a role in the creation of new performance metrics that will help the business measure the success of their products
- Delivering and, where possible, automating regular reports for ongoing performance monitoring
- Manage and deliver regular and ad-hoc audience reporting to different stakeholders within the business
- Be a collaborative operational and strategic partner that provides objectivity to inform better decision making across product, content, marketing, content, sales, technology and commercial by providing actionable audience analytics and insights.
- Use the suite of analytics tools available to proactively identify insights that will benefit our digital properties
- Help deliver strategic and operational projects across audience segmentation, product experimentation and analytics
- Use existing data visualisations to gain insights, and assist in the initial phase of new data product creation
- Be the primary point of contact for various stakeholders when it comes to data
As part of the wider media operation, you will also be given exposure to advertising, digital publishing and subscriptions, where the team's experience and knowledge can be harnessed to help shape/influence large-scale business change.
Are you someone who possesses an innate ability to:
- see patterns in the data that help our key stakeholders make fantastic business decisions?
- respond to detailed data requests with accuracy and timeliness?
- can work in a highly collaborative and collegiate environment?
If you shouted “yes!” to these questions and have the critical skills and knowledge listed below, the Product Team wants to hear from you today!
Essential skills include:
- The ability to analyse data and distill it into key insights that inform business decisions.
- Advanced SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrable ability to simplify complexity and take an open, flexible & consultative approach to problem solving.
- Experience using a web analytics platform, preferably Adobe Analytics.
- A passion for listening to customers and delivering the data they need.
Desirable skills include:
- A knowledge of digital experimentation (i.e. A/B testing)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets, particularly OLAP cubes and PivotTables
- Extensive experience using Adobe Analytics
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Data Studio