Your mental health is important.
“How each of us care for our mental health is different,” Golden City Support Services CEO Ian McLean said.
A recent research project “Mapping Natural Supports” conducted by Golden City Support Services brought to light how people care for their mental health.
“These are easy to incorporate into your day-to-day life to care for your own mental health,” Mr McLean said.
1. Stay connected. Stay in touch with family, friends, work mates, social groups and activities that have the most meaning to you.
2. Make physical activity a part of your regular routine. Consider what you enjoy doing to stay active and work out how this activity might become a part of your day-to-day life.
This feature is supported by:
- Bendigo Health
- Jacinta Allan
- Maree Edwards MP
- Mind Australia
- Bendigo Counselling and Hypnotherapy
- Golden City Support Services
- Ivan Honey & Associates
3.Pay attention to you. Are you sleeping more or less than usual? Are you eating more or less than usual? Do you feel like getting out of the house?
Paying attention to these things will give you a good indication of how your mental health is traveling. If you notice change talk to someone about your mental health.
4. Be aware of what services are available for you to access.
If you require indivisualised mental health services the NDIS is a new way to support you on your recovery journey. Golden City Support Services deliver community-based mental health services that are about having more friends, more opportunities and more control.