Suspected carbon monoxide leak in Kennington

A KENNINGTON resident has been taken to hospital after a suspected carbon monoxide leak from a faulty heater this morning.

Two CFA units and two ambulances attended the unit on St Aidans Road just after 9.30am this morning with reports a resident was nauseous.

It became a hazardous material incident and firefighters entered the property with gas masks.

Bendigo CFA senior station officer Darren Eenjes said they were trying to determine whether a faulty heater was the cause of the resident’s nausea.

“One person has been taken to hospital for medical care, and firefighters are investigating a possible carbon monoxide leak,” he said.

“It’s a timely reminder for people to have their heaters checked before we enter the coldest part of winter.”

Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas, making it essential that residents ensure their old heaters are not putting them in danger.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop