Firefighters have been called to a house fire in Heathcote this morning.
A spokesperson for the Country Fire Authority said crews were paged to the High Street address just before 6.30am.
Two trucks attended and brought the fire under control by 6.40am.
Heathcote Fire Brigade captain Carl Watkins said the fire started in a rubbish bin in the kitchen.
He said it appeared something combustible had been put in the bin.
The fire damage was mostly contained to a bin. A cupboard also caught alight, and a wall was scorched.
A woman who was in bed at the time of the fire was alerted to it by a noise. Two other occupants had already left for work.
Mr Watkins said prior to crews arriving at the property, the fire had been doused with an extinguisher.
He said the woman had handled the fire well.