Health workers will pound the pavement around Bendigo and its surrounding towns in a bid to better understand their community’s experience of drug and alcohol abuse.
The Bendigo Community Health Services consultation roadshow will meet with people with lived experience of alcohol and drug use to ascertain what supports they needed in the future.
BCHS project worker Leah Wastell said those findings would be shared with organisations throughout the Loddon Mallee region.
“We want to sit down with people who have experienced problems with substance abuse and this includes family members and friends of people who have been impacted by the negative impacts of alcohol or drugs,” Ms Wastell said.
“Your privacy and confidentiality will be respected and you can remain anonymous if you prefer.”
Bendigo, Castlemaine, Kyneton, Maryborough, Wedderburn, Echuca, Charlton, Kerang, Swan Hill and Mildura will all receive visits from Tuesday.
Those interested should register by emailing Ms Wastell on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 5448 1600.
Roadshow venues, dates and times:
- Bendigo: Tuesday, June 20. Bendigo Library, 11am to noon
- Castlemaine: Wednesday, June 21. Ray Bradfield Room, Forest Street, 11am to noon
- Kyneton: Wednesday, June 21. Kyneton Community and Learning Centre, 2pm to 3pm
- Maryborough: Thursday, June 22. Central Goldfields Community Hub, 2pm to 3pm
- Wedderburn: Thursday, June 22. Wedderburn Community House, 10am to noon
- Echuca: Friday, June 23. Echuca Library, 310 Hare Street, 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Charlton: Wednesday, June 28. Charlton Memorial Hall. 11am to noon
- Kerang: Wednesday, June 28. Sir John Gorton Library. 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Swan Hill: Thursday, June 29. Ibis Resort. 9.30am to 11.30am
- Mildura: Friday, June 30. Mildura Neighbourhood House, East End Community House. 10am to 11am