Man charged following Bendigo investigation

A man has been charged with several offences following a three-week investigation into a series of incidents that included thefts from vehicles, petrol drive-offs, dangerous driving and evasion of police.

Senior Constable Brad Cunningham, from Bendigo’s crime investigation unit, said the investigation led to the arrest of a man in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The 23-year-old Long Gully man has been charged with offences including theft from motor vehicle, handling stolen goods, reckless conduct endangering life, and criminal damage by fire.

He has been remanded to appear in Bendigo Magistrates’ Court on July 10.

Senior Constable Cunningham said the information gathered during the investigation suggested to police a lone individual had been responsible for this particular spate of offences.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop