EARLIER: Big Give prepares to go live
August 1 marks the start of a month of giving to central Victorian community groups.
Groups registered with the Big Give, the region’s first community giving event, are now able to share their campaigns and garner support.
There were 42 campaigns on the initiative’s Chuffed.org website when Community Foundation for Central Victoria executive officer Ann Lansberry checked on Friday, but she expects that number to grow.
“People can still register their campaign up until the end of August, but the earlier the better,” she said.
The Big Give culminates in a 24-hour community giving day on September 1, when participants stand to win from a $30,000 cash and product prize pool.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for central Victoria to give back to the groups who form the backbone of our community,” Ms Lansberry said.
The Bendigo Advertiser will be profiling a Big Give campaign in each edition of the paper this month.
The following stories are included in the series:
- Building a barn for farm animals’ futures
- Bendigo teen starting fund to pay it forward
- Support sought for Koori sports carnival
- Giddy-up and give big for Bealiba Pony Club
- Big Give for families battling a rare illness
- Big Give for Special Olympics Bendigo athletes
- Wheels in motion for Foundation 97’s cause
- Wash Against Waste in need of a Big Give
- Donations show love for school in Dingee
- Big Give crowdfunding to help a community service